Training Period – 01 Year
Training Center - Lacquer Section, janakala Kendraya,Kandy Road,Kurunegala
Skills acquired by the Apprentice through Lacquer Industry Training
- History of the Lacquer Industry.
- Lacquer and Lacquer Insect.
- Selection of Raw Materials and making Equipments.
- Lacquer Work Shop and its History.
- Recognition of Fittings and Tools necessary on making Equipments.
- Sharpening of arms.
- Lathe and usage of arms.
- Cleaning of Lacquer, and making color mixture & Wax.
- Applying Wax from Lathe.
- Decorative Art Fashions.
- Inlaying of Engravings.
- Materials Calculating and Preparation of Estimates.
Privileges and Facilities to the Trainers within the training Period
- Rs.8000.00 as a Monthly allowance.
- An amount of 2/3rd from monthly season.
- Free supply of necessary raw materials within the Training Period.
- A work fare will be paid after contravention of three months from producing suitable wares for sale,
a. Carpentry Industry Section – 80% from Work fare.
b. Minor Industry Section - 80% from Work fare.
c. Clay Section – 50% from Production Valuation.
d. Coir Section - 50% from Production Valuation.